Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Toast for Mom!

I'm proposing a toast
Chianti raised in hand
Across this great ocean
To sea and beach and sand

Where a lady I know
Is in her favorite place
Drinking margaritas 
A smile on her face

And I haven't said thank you
Not nearly enough
For loving and caring
Even when it was tough

She watched my first steps
Helped the first fall
And if I'm now crossing continents
It's to her I owe all.

With patience and love
She helped us to grow 
And the lessons in forgiveness
More than we'll ever know.

So here's to you, Mom
On this day of you
I could never say thanks 
For all the you do.

These words are my hugs
From so far away
I'm sending my love,
Happy Mother's Day!!

How can you thank the person who gave you the greatest gift of all, that is, the gift of life?  I'm so grateful to have the greatest Mom, someone who has always loved me, supported me and believed in me.  I miss you, Mom and I just wish that I could be sipping margaritas beach-side with you on this day, your day!

Cheers to all the Moms this Mother's Day!






No comments:

Post a Comment